Thursday, November 12, 2009

Is there an echo in the room?

Having a 3 year old can give you a rather large insight as to what you say and how you say it! Here are a few examples-

"Knock it off!"

Apparently, I don't say it very nicely because my son likes to tell his friends to "knock it off" in a rather loud and mean voice when they are fighting or not sharing. On the positive side, he knows my rules. On the negative, he's yelling knock it off at other 3 year olds, need I say more!

"Did you hear me?"

I know I use it this one all the time but when he rambles on and on about cars, airplanes, trains and whatever else crosses his mind, I admit, sometimes I tune out. I can't be the only one?! When I obviously miss the part where I'm supposed to answer with the classic, "really, wow, or oh my goodness" he keeps me in check with a "Mommy, did you HEAR me?"


"Timeout!"

Now we all know the rules of timeouts, stay put, no talking, no whining or crying or your time starts over, etc. Needless to stay he started cracking the whip with his Elmo doll, moved onto his frog stuffed animal, and other day he sent Daddy to timeout for not listening to Mommy. Daddy obliged and sat there quietly trying to hide his laughter. The best part was after the timeout he made Daddy apologize for not listening to Mommy! I loved it!
So, let me know what your kids say that gives your proof that they are listening even when it looks like they aren't?
blog comments powered by Disqus