Saturday, November 21, 2009

All for little ol' me!

YOU ARE ABOUT TO READ A LONG POST!!!!

Man, oh man, what a day. My wonderful husband of 5 years (happy anniversary honey)had prearranged to upgrade my wedding set as an anniversary present. Same style and design but a bigger setting. I turned in my old set last week and they were to do all the behind the scenes work to get it sized etc, and have it ready today. I was beyond excited is an understatement. If you could see this ring, you would understand!!



We arrived this morning eagerly awaiting my new ring. I handed over the pick-up slip and away she went to get it, 15 minutes later and she had yet to come back...I knew something was terribly wrong. She comes back to the sales counter and says they need to custom order it rather than size it up since it would alter the setting in the ring. Now, I'm not a little lady and neither are my fingers so I understood what she was saying, but it could have been told to me a week earlier when they placed the initial paperwork. Then I asked the dreaded question, how long does it take to order a custom ring? 3 weeks. My heart just sank! I tried to keep my tears in, but I couldn't. I crumbled, right there in the jewelry store.



I was so upset at the thought of being without a ring, old ring or new, for an entire month. As the wife of a truck driver, that means many days without your husband, lonely days and lonely nights. To me, my ring might mean more than the average person. It's tangible reminder of our love for each other even though we don't get to be together every day like other couples.



The poor sales lady didn't know what to do and I was on my way out to the car to gather myself when I was stopped by two employees. In reality, I did not want to talk to them, I was so embarrassed that I was crying that I just wanted out of that store. But, do you know what they did for me, little ol' me? They told me to come back tonight because they wanted to make sure I had a ring on my finger and they would size the it even though it would cause the setting to be loose and I might lose a diamond,but not to worry because they were still going to custom order me another ring. I was overwhelmed with the gesture and went home a bit happier knowing that even though it might not be a perfect ring, I would have a least something on my finger.



Fast forward to 4 o'clock this afternoon when I get a call telling me to come down to the store right away because I was not going to believe what their jeweler was able to pull off today. They cut off a a gold shank from another ring and melted it into my ring and it was absolutely beautiful. There should be no issues about losing diamonds and I don't have to wait 3 weeks for the real ring to come. I was overwhelmed, but this time with tears of joy. These two wonderful sales people went out of their way to help make my anniversary as special as we had hoped it would be. Astra and Norman, I know you will probably never read this, but you two went above and beyond to make this happen and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.



So, you're probably wondering what kind of ring would cause me to lose it in a jewelry store. This picture from their website doesn't do it justice, the way it sparkles could light up a dark room. T

To my Big Man,

Thank you for the the best anniversary weekend ever and after nine years together, 5 of them in marriage, I would do it all over again! I love you!

blog comments powered by Disqus