Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Pirate Peas

My son can be a picky eater, barely eats vegetables without a battle, doesn't eat french fries (sometimes I wonder if he's really mine) and steers away from most foods that are crunchy. I'm always on the lookout for ways to make meal times less confrontational and more fun around my house both in an effort to keep my sanity and to provide good nutrition. I have to pat myself on the back because I had BIG victory last night and it was so awesome that I can't bear to keep it to myself. Here is what you need to get your kid to actually eat something green that's not a gummy bear.


Pirate themed cupcake liners and toppers
that I bought at Joanne's Fabrics for 2.99


Peas

Put the peas inside the cupcake liner and place on the plate with the rest of dinner and voila you've got Pirate Peas! Use the cupcake topper to pierce the peas and pop them in your mouth. Super easy to do and I had absolutely NO complaints about eating peas! He even asked for more. In my mind I wondered who was this little pea eatin' boy and what has he done with my son. Then I served up seconds.
blog comments powered by Disqus