Monday, August 3, 2009

Dear Mother Nature, What did I ever do to you?!

When it ranges between
and


in Portland, Oregon for over a week (Yes, I DID say Portland where we don't see stuff like this very often)

This is what you do to stay cool!








What a scorcher it has been up here! We're on day 10 of a record heat wave with the end finally in sight and I couldn't be any happier. Let me just mention that I moved from California to here to get away from all that sunny business and it still found me. AC is a novelty in homes around here since it is usually not worth the money to install and so we found every way we could to make it though these last 10 days. 2 trips to the water fountains, 2 separate trips to the coast with one being a camping trip (I'll post more about that tomorrow), the longest trip to Wal-Mart EVER to enjoy their AC, and a day at the Children's Museum to stay cool (sidenote- everyone else had the same idea as me, so it was CROWDED!) Needless to say, not much posting has occurred the last few days since I HAD to sit where a fan could blow it's glorious air on me at all times but I hope to get back to our regularly scheduled programming soon. Unless Mother Nature plays an evil trick on me again :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's been absolutely crazy! YIKES!! I would DIE without my AC.

Thanks for stopping by my blog to visit.

Hope to see you again.

Melia said...

That first pic is too cute!!! I so don't want that kind of heat to return!!!