Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Gimme 5!


We all know how toddlers can latch on to something and seem to beat the heck out of it, whether it be a song, toy, game, or the dreaded book that you have to read over and over again. Well, my son has latched onto quite an unusual thing........wait for it..........




The Number 5!!!



Why he has picked this number is beyond me? It's not his birthday, not his age, heck, I only count to 3 when he gets in trouble, but to him it is the most magical number out there. Let's all review the way number 5 has worked itself into our lives;

1. All things add up to 5. He knows how to count up to 30 yet when counting a few objects he always seems to equal up to 5. Doesn't matter how many there are, to him its always 5!

2. When going to checkout at a grocery store we must always to the aisle #5. ALWAYS! I can get away with 15 if the 5 is closed but there has been many a time I have gone to #5 and had to tell another checker who has offered to open her lane so we don't have to wait, that my kid will have a major freak out if we don't stay in this lane.(Although in a much nicer/kid friendly way)

3. Oh yeah, I was informed the other day that I don't have a 2 1/2 year old but that I have a 5 1/2 year old...just in case I missed the last 3 years.

4. Lastly, today I was also informed that his name is now Five. I guess I'll have to call the state and reorder that birth certificate with his new name, the one we gave him wasn't good enough.

5. You surely would not think that i would miss #5 with a post all about 5's did you??!!!

3 comments:

jinx said...

Well at least it isn't something big he carries around with him.

Adam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hilarious! I love kids. I think our boys may be quite similar sorts. Mine's fixated on #3. He's the same way about the store aisles too. And any snack must be doled out in 3s. He hasn't changed his name yet -- that cracked me up.