Sunday, January 10, 2010

Buckle up and keep your hands in the ride at all times....

Can I just say that I have had a major blogger's block! Christmas came and I took a break to be with family and I just can't get motivated to regularly post. To the very few that I actually read this, sorry, I suck!  :(


Life is going to be a roller coaster in the next few weeks so everyone hold onto your hats cause it could get bumpy. We've got Olympics/ Vacation for 2 weeks, which I know will be a blast but a lot of detailed planning has to go into this so I'm a bit stressed. When we came up with the idea to buy the tickets we had NO idea the amount of intricate details that would have to go into this. You are on the Olympic Committee's  staggered timeline so you buy your tickets when they say you can, book your hotel, ferries, bus transportation to the events on a crazy schedule. There is no parking at any event so you have to take public transportation to the Vancouver events or take special 3 hr charter buses up to Whistler for the skiing events. On a positive note... at least all the info is in English! I can't imagine coming from a country that speaks another language and trying to figure out how to get here, there and out to the boonies on public transportation....that would SUCK!

Oh yeah, and I'm turning the dirty 30 while we're up there!!!! So far, the idea doesn't really bother me. I think it's the fact that I have so much going on in the next month or so that I don't have time to dwell about it. Add to that that I have a bunch of friends that are between 30-35 and they show me everyday that they are still fun, young, outgoing and hip mamas! You girls make 30 look cool!  If you would have asked me a few years ago about being 30 I would have FREAKED, but now I am embracing it with open arms  Even though they probably have no idea what they've done, they have made the transition to 30 seem easy. Thank you ladies, you guys are AWESOME!

So we've climbed the first hill and made our descent when another mountainous climb arises. When we return we're officially turning in my immigration paperwork for permanent residency to Canada. I'm nervous but excited, eager to start another chapter but sad about closing the current one. So many mixed feelings go into that process and I hope to share those along the ride. And I'm sure there will be some drama and comedic relief as I chronicle the goings on of two first time homeowners searching for a house. I'm picky and I'm not going to settle and I have this feeling I will be "that client" you know, the annoying one that  the realtor is going to secretly despise. She'll avoid our calls and comment to all her coworkers on how many houses she has shown us with no offers. Yep, that'll be me! :)
blog comments powered by Disqus