Thursday, December 3, 2009

My Little Smarty Pants!

I have been eagerly awaiting this year's Christmas season like the love stuck teenagers stalk The Twilight series so that I could use the ever so famous, "Santa is watching you" line. This would be the first year that he would understand the whole process and I would be able to use every parent's famous bribe. So a few nights ago we talked about how Santa comes to little boys' houses who have been good listeners and leaves them a present, but if you haven't been a good boy that you would get coal in your stocking. It was an easy sell, he bought it hook, line, and sinker.He totally got the point and I was able to use "THE" line a few times and it worked magically, but the next day that litte goober outsmarted me.

Me- "Remember to be a good boy, Santa is watching you right now."

Little Man- "Mom, I don't want Santa to come."

Me- "Why not?"

Little Man- " Because I already have lots of toys and I don't want anymore. And, I want coal so that I can put it in my train set."

Can you believe that? I've waited months to bask in the month of glory good behavior that Santa could bring to my house and now it's gone! Poof!
Oh well, Christmas just got a little cheaper.

Don't forget to come back tomorrow for my 100th Post and an Etsy Giveaway!!!!
blog comments powered by Disqus