Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Playtime at the Pumpkin Patch

October equals Pumpkin Patches in my book. One of my favorite things to do is go pumpkin hunting! I don't know if pumpkin patches have just become more of an adventure is the last 25 years but I don' t remember doing half of the fun things that these kiddos get to do today. Pumpkin picking, corn mazes, pony rides, pumpkin sling shots, 40 ft slides, petting zoo, and my Little Man's fave, the hay ride. And of course, who could resist bringing the camera along for the ride. Unfortunately, I only brought my zoom lens so I kept having to back up and tag behind so that I could actually get everyone in the picture hence no shots of said hay rides, petting zoo and pony rides. I was just too darn close!

Working hard at finding "the perfect pumpkin"

What's Halloween without using a slingshot to launch mini pumpkins at old parked cars just to win a free soda?! $8.00 in mini-pumpkins, 10 minutes of a smashing good time and we win a "free"soda.Here's Daddy picking up one BIG pumpkin! He said it had to be close to 100 lbs.
Here's Little Man following in his Daddy's footsteps trying to pick up the same 100lb pumpkinIt's a very rare occasion when all three of us get in one picture but some nice gal offered to take a family pic for us.

blog comments powered by Disqus