Saturday, October 10, 2009

Open Letter to Mr. AssHat

Dear Mr. AssHat,

Yes, I am talking to you, the old man who had to open his big mouth as Safeway today! Today while I was paying for my pumpkin spice latte at the Starbucks counter (my very first one of the season, yuummmm!) it took every ounce in my being to not cuss you out after you're smart ass comment.
Yes, my son was holding onto the side of the cart when he probably shouldn't have. And yes, he did fall and hit the cement floors, and yes, the cart did land on top of him causing a flow of waterworks that were well earned (hell, I would cry too) but by no means is it ok for you to say, as you're walking by that "that's why you shouldn't let your kids hang on carts!" You're a real class act buddy! I have a screaming child, I'm trying to figure out if he's actually injured anywhere, a sweet bystander is helping me pick up the cart and put all my belongings back in my purse and that is the best you could do. Lucky for you, I was a bit preoccupied with a very upset child or I would have read you the riot act. Good thing my husband wasn't with us or it could have been pretty ugly for you. You know what, I even looked for you throughout the store just so that I could personally cuss you out but you made your way through the aisles unnoticed. I hope one day when you fall (you're old buddy, so it's gonna happen soon) someone looks down at you and mutters an unkind comment and then walks away and doesn't attempt to help you up. The older generation often complains about young people but you, sir, take the cake for being RUDE!

Sincerely,
One Pissed Off Mommy

P.S. On a positive note, the sweet bystander who I later found out was a mother of two, was an absolute angel and even took one of the flowers out of the arrangement she just bought to give to my son. She told him it would make him happy....she was right! He loved that flower! So a big thank you to the flower lady. And the wonderful workers at the Starbucks counter made him a sample size pumpkin creme drink with whipped cream. I think the whipped cream sealed the deal and we we're on our way to a pleasant shopping trip.
blog comments powered by Disqus