Sunday, September 13, 2009

Good News, Bad News

I can't believe it's already Sunday...this week flew by so fast. Well let's just end the weekend with another dose of .........
Good News

  • My cough is almost gone and I feel like a normal, functioning adult. Well, at least most of the time :)

  • I steam cleaned my carpets this week and OMG, talk about some dirty carpets. Come back this week and I can't believe that I am going to show proof of this grossness but I am. Total disclosure here folks!

  • Football season is here. Hooray! While some wives  bitch and complain about football Sundays I'm an avid fan and can't wait for the games to start. We're a house of Steeler and 49er Fans and as of  post time, the Steelers won and the Niners are up by 10.

  • We had to buy a new computer! We're now the proud owners of our first laptop and I love being able to fiddle with my new toy and watch football games at the same time. (See bad news for why we had to buy new computer.)
Now, for the bad news

  • My Little Man is now taking his turn at being sick. Poor kid is coughing a lot but overall he seems to not have been hit as hard as I was. Kids are so resilient.

  • My computer died! It became possessed with some magical dragon that would turn it off at the most random times. It was especially frustrating when you were actually working on something and then would lose it all. Two trips to the Geek Squad at Best Buy + an unfriendly estimate + an old computer = spending that money on a new computer rather than fixing an old one.

  •  Only a one day visit from the hubster this week, we were getting so spoiled with 2-3 day visits the last few weeks.
Overall, not a bad week. Head on over to Domestic Dork to read up on her week and don't forget to add yourself to the list.

2 comments:

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

I kinda enjoy when a computer is on its death bed b/c it means I get a new one! lol

Samantha said...

Yeah for football season!