Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Calling All Crafters!!!!

I'll admit it I am a not-so-crafty mom. I have great ideas in my head but never seem to know how to make it work so that my end product turns out like my vision. I've tried scrapbooking, cuter in my head. I've tried knitting, um, let's just say I'm not patient enough. I would love to learn how to quilt but I figure that too is better left looking beautiful in my head as well. Needless to say I need help so let's talk Halloween! My son has decided to be a construction worker/handyman for Halloween so I've been on the lookout for bits and pieces to complete the look. I was able to find a white hard hat (for an awesome price of $1.50) at Goodwill and I want to paint it yellow but I don't want to screw it up. I want it to look really good, not like another one of my crappy crafts.That is where you all come in. So here is my hardhat and I'm looking for any and all advice as to the best way to turn it yellow. Now is the time to speak up, ask your friends and let me know if certain paint is better than another, how many coats, or if you have any tricks of the trade. Secondly, if you've done a construction/handyman costume before what/how did you do it?
blog comments powered by Disqus