Monday, June 8, 2009

Not Me! Monday

It's Not Me! Monday time again. It's the time for us moms to declare how perfect we really are and that we would never, ever do anything wrong. Not in a million years, because we've been sent down from the heavens with halos floating over our heads. Here is how my perfect week went...



I did not teach my son how to unload the silverware from the dishwasher because it is my least favorite thing to do. I'm not conveniently hyping up the world's most boring task for my own personal benefit. Nope, I would never do that.


I didn't just put away the butter,that I used earlier, (as quickly as I could) before I definitely did not nag at my husband for leaving his cereal box, milk, and banana peel on the counter WHILE he ate his breakfast. That would be a very hypocritical, and impatient thing to do and I would never do that. Nope, not me!

I also didn't promise my son that he could play on the playground at the mall after being an incredibly great shopper only to not have checked that they were cleaning it from 2-3pm. That would be a complete heartache to a 2 year old and I did not feel incredibly guilty for doing that. I did not want to cry right along with him because I felt so terrible. I also did not make it up to him with a cookie from the Mrs. Fields so perfectly located across from the playground. (talk about location, location, location). Nope, not me!


Lastly, I am here to declare that my husband is also part of the Not Me! Club as apparently he is just as perfect as I am (minus the cereal box thing.)


My hubby did not have to manually pick up our son (who was whining about not wanting to leave) the toy store with the train table only to turn around and not buy him a Thomas the Train that he truly did not deserve. Nope, not my hubby....he is not a sucker, no way!


Please check out all the other perfect mommas over at My Charming Kids! I'm sure they will not disappoint!

*****I just found out Not Me! Mondays won't be on the My Charming Kids site until later this afternoon because she defintely did not have 3 1/2 small children climbing on top of her and is waiting for the peace and quiet of naptime to finish her post******

3 comments:

Pink Slippers said...

Love your Not me post!
Wendy

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I did NOT start my son on an $5 a week allowance today for cleaning the dog poop daily, that would be downright mean of me!

Julia Ladewski said...

great post!! thanks for sharing. hubbies do the strangest things, don't they?