Thursday, May 7, 2009

Back on American Soil!

Man, it has been way too long since I've posted. Sorry, I struggle with what to write every time I sit down and so basically I've been reading other's blogs and becoming entranced in their stories. Once I read their stories, mine seem so insignificant, so boring.
We've just made our way back home from a week long vacation to our neighbors up north in good ol' Canada. We had a great time hanging out with family and scoping out neighborhoods for when we have our big move up north. I discovered a few things about myself while we were up there and I'm so glad I did before we moved and I found out the hard way. (I'll post about that another day, I've got to get my ducks in a row before I spill the beans..nothing crazy, don't worry)
One thing I discovered while in Canada......wait for it........... Shreddies and HP sauce.The few Canadians who read my blog probably think I'm silly but Yummmmmmmmmmy! I bought way too many boxes of Shreddies (it's a cereal) and a couple bottles of HP (think A-1 sauce only better) and the cashier looked at me like I was insane and probably thinking I was REALLY hungry. She said, " Somebody likes Shreddies and HP sauce" and gave my husband and I a cock-eyed look. I should have said, "Oh, yeah. I love to wake up to a bowl of shreddies drenched in HP sauce. It's the perfect way to start the day off right." Instead, I smiled and politely informed her that I'm from the States and they don't sell these items down here. She cut me some slack and said we've been deprived( I completely agree). The more I think about it, I should have told her the first comment, she really would have thought I was a wacko American. Cause apparently I was informed that because we voted Bush in twice they think we're pretty dumb ( can't blame them there) but we're getting a little street cred with Obama so apparently, we're not that stupid as of November.
Ok, so I guess this was my Seinfeld post. A post about nothing. Tadaaaaaa! Hopefully, I'll think of something to write about, and soon.

1 comments:

jinx said...

I enjoy reading your blog, and didn't realize you couldn't buy Shreddies. I grew up on Shreddies. I did know about HP Sauce but I personally like A1 better and hate the fact that when I am out for dinner around here they only offer HP sauce and not A1