Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rub a Dub Dub, Three Men in a Tub

There has been a lot of bangin' and a lot of nailin' going around these neck of the woods and you'd probably wonder why do I have not 1, not 2, but 3 men in my shower while my husband is off at work?



To fix my shower, silly! Get your mind out of the gutter! Ok, I guess I kind of lead you there, but it was too funny not to.


On Friday afternoon around 4pm, the maintenance guy came over and said the downstairs unit was leaking. Well, after a looksie in the bathroom it appears the water has been seeping through some bad caulking down into the walls and into the downstairs unit. CRAZY FUN TIMES, let me tell you! Well, I was informed I can't use my shower, for get this, a week, I thought he was joking, but no, he was serious. Of course, Friday at 4 is no time to start an intensive project so he said he would be here on Monday. Monday came and went, no workers. Tuesday, I went out in the morning and came home to a completely TOTALLED bathroom.
These pics don't do it justice because when I got home there was no board on the wall, just wood, nothing else. They've been in and out today, all three of them, tracking tile dust, and dirt to all over the place. My bathroom is a mess, with their tools all over and it is now 4:30pm and I have no clue if they are coming back today. We'll just have to wait and see. Did I mention that my son's birthday is tomorrow and a party on Thursday? I don't have time for this crap. I have at least two more days of workers between gluing tiles, letting it dry, grouting, letting it dry, and then I can use my bathroom/shower. Let me just thank myself now for getting the apartment with 2 bathrooms instead of one....that is about the only positive in this entire situation. So for the last few days and now a few more I have been showering with the likes of Elmo, rubber duckies, and a lot of other kiddy toys floating at my feet.






0 comments: